Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Is it God Whispering?

Am I listening for that Whisper or just thinking about listening? I’m still trying to get used to leisure time.Where is that line between easy does it and sloth? I am moving slowly, enjoying every minute, content. Is contentment okay with God? No pressure is the only pressure.

I’m baking cookies. While the sheets of dough are turning deliciously crispy, I crochet and listen to Christmas music. Traditional Christmas is over but In Amador County we recognize the Serbian Orthodox Christmas. There are three days of Christmas in the Serbian tradition. Serbian Christmas is based on the Gregorian calendar which places the first day of Christmas on January 7th.

I’ll undo my holiday decorations on the first day of the Serbian Christmas. I confess, I’m somewhat ready now, but out of respect and procrastination I wait until January 7th to take down the wreaths, lights and Christmas cards.

Tonight the music is fine. The harmony and peace are delightful. The smell of cookies baking is filling my head with memories of Christmas past. I try to quiet my mind. Be still. Listen. Is God whispering?

What? What? Sshhh. I can’t quite make out that subdued, dulcet voice.

“We are all one.”

What? Is that it? Is this God’s whisper or is it Kenny Loggins singing “Christmas Time is Here?

I have time to sort it out. The year is still young.

No comments: