Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Whisper of God?

I don’t do much of anything. Of what use am I, God? Being is alright (we read this all the time). But if I am a spiritual being (having a human experience) then where is the evidence of my connection to others, my usefulness to God? Such motionlessness I have not known before. Or have I? I did a lot of lying around in the years I lived part-time in Mazatlán. And when I consider motion, I think of travel. Vagabunda comes to mind. Ah, now these thoughts of Mexico and Spanish make me think about establishing my language study group. Why not do that with my spare time? For six months I could work on sharpening my Spanish skills, then tackle something else––say French? Take some classes, go to France (or Quebec). The desire for languages tempts me like the smells of delicious foods wafting from a cafe window on warm air tempt me to eat. Is this God whispering?

No comments: